Nursery Director/Care Provider - Sunday Mornings
The First Unitarian Church of Philadelphia seeks a Nursery Director for its Children’s Religious Education (CRE) Program. The CRE Program is held concurrent with services on Sunday mornings. The Nursery Director/Care Provider ensures a high-quality and meaningful experience for our congregation's youngest children and their families. The director will be responsible for administering the Sunday morning Nursery program for children and infants, ages 5 and under and reports to the CRE Coordinator.
The pay rate for the Nursery Director is $15 per hour.
The proposed start-date for this position is Sunday June 5, 2016 or whenever a qualified candidate is selected.
• Director will supervise children, infants and toddlers on Sundays during church services
• Provide a safe and caring environment for young children
• Is responsible for classroom planning and organizing and supplies
• Provides a welcoming atmosphere for visiting families
• Ensures both visiting families and regular attendees are registered with the CRE Program
• Communicates any classroom or program issues to the CRE Coordinator on a timely basis
• Complies with all Personnel Policies and Procedures as outlined in the First Unitarian Church’s personnel manual.
• The schedule for this hourly position is Sundays 10:30 AM - 1:00 PM (September - June) and 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM July through Labor Day)
• Extended hours on one Sunday of the month (or as requested) are 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
• Opportunities for extra hours are available throughout the year for special events
• May be required to attend meetings at times other than regularly scheduled hours
• The CRE Coordinator schedules acceptable substitutes for Sundays if needed
• First Unitarian follows UUA Safe Congregation standards for safety. Successful applicants are required to authorize and pass criminal background checks
• Nursery Director must demonstrate experience with childcare or early childhood education
• Ability to support and motivate volunteers
Interested Candidates should e-mail PDF versions of their resume, cover letter, and three professional references to: work [at] philauu.org
Applications for the Position will be accepted until a qualified candidate is selected.
Our Congregation: As a Unitarian Universalist congregation, we welcome people who identify with and draw inspiration from Atheism and Agnosticism, Buddhism, Christianity, Humanism, Judaism, Paganism and other religious and philosophical traditions.
The First Unitarian Church of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer and will not allow discrimination based on age, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic background. The congregation is a certified Welcoming Congregation (LGBT affirming) and has a historic commitment to racial justice.