People enter into our community searching for a place to belong and a place to make meaning in their lives. First Unitarian of Philadelphia welcomes all seekers wherever they are on their journey. Becoming a member at our congregation is a commitment to knowing and being known, to loving and being loved. As a covenantal faith, one that demands no memorized creed, each member gives of themselves freely to this place.
If you are new and interested in learning more about membership, here is our path towards understanding our community and our faith:
1) UU & You is offered after worship services on some Sundays. It is led by Rev. Hannah and is an introduction to our faith and the history of this congregation.
Dates for Spring 2021: 6/6
2) Congregational Life 101 is offered after worship services on some Sundays. It is an overview of how we govern ourselves, what our organizational structure is, and where to get involved in the life of the church.
3) Seekers (formerly Pathways) is offered on weekday evenings throughout the year. It is a chance to get to know others on the path to membership by reflecting and sharing on your spiritual journey and the BIG questions you bring with you to First Unitarian.
4) Meet the Ministers is offered after worship services some Sundays. It is a chance to meet Rev. Abbey and Rev. Hannah to get to know them, ask them questions about ministry and theology, and get a sense of their leadership styles.
If you are ready to become a member, here's what we request:
1) Sign the membership book (required)
2) Participate in a New Member Ceremony. These happen four times each year.
Dates for New Member Ceremonies in Spring 2021: March 14th & June 20th
3) Make a financial pledge. Each member is asked to commit to making an identifiable contribution of record to the congregation each fiscal year. Fill out your pledge form for 2020-2021 here.
Sign Up to Become A Member here.
For more information, email our Minister for Faith Formation, Hannah Capaldi at email@example.com