Nursery Director (Hourly)
The First Unitarian Church of Philadelphia seeks a Nursery Director for its Children’s Religious Education (CRE) Program. The director will be responsible for administering the Sunday morning Nursery program for children and infants, ages 5 and under. The Nursery Director reports to the Director of Religious Education (DRE). Nursery Director ensures a high-quality and meaningful Nursery experience for our congregation's youngest children and their families. The pay rate for the Nursery Director is $15 per hour.
· Director will supervise children, infants and toddlers on Sundays during church services
· Communicate regularly with parents and volunteers about classroom issues
· Director supervises volunteers from the congregation each week
· Communicates any classroom or program issues to the DRE on a timely basis
· Is responsible for classroom planning and organizing and supplies
· Complies with all Personnel Policies and Procedures as outlined in the First Unitarian Church’s personnel manual.
· This hourly position is scheduled from 10:30 AM - 1:00 PM on Sundays
· Extended hours on one Sunday of the month are 10 AM - 2:30 PM
· Opportunities for extra hours are available throughout the year for special events
· May be required to attend meetings at times other than regularly scheduled hours
· Nursery Director schedules acceptable substitutes for Sundays if needed
· First Unitarian follows Safe Congregation standards for safety. Training, support, and Nursery Curriculum are provided by the DRE. Successful applicants are required to authorize and pass criminal background checks
· Nursery Director must demonstrate experience with childcare or early childhood education
· Ability to support and motivate volunteers
Interested Candidates should e-mail resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references to:
Rachel Karasick, Interim Director of Religious Education
Amy Hillier Fraatz, Chair of the Religious Education Ministry Team
Questions regarding the position may be directed to:
Rachel Karasick - firstname.lastname@example.org or (215) 563-3980 x301
Applications for the Position will be accepted until 5 PM, October 18, 2012.